To meet the needs of working parents, an extended day program is offered for primary and elementary students. These non-academic programs provide students with a variety of activities including:
* Board games and physical activity
* Homework time
* Quiet time for relaxation
Children make friends easily and learn how to share and play cooperatively in a safe and secure setting. Montessori practical life skills are incorporated into the extended day program.
Extended Day Hours
7:30-8:30 a.m. - Primary and Elementary
11:45am - 6 p.m.- Primary
3:15-6 p.m. - Elementary
If you need Extended Day services on an occasional basis, please sign up in the binder located at the PreK entrance. This binder indicates available openings. (limited space is available)
Please be sure you are registered for the Extended Day program.
Check In/Out**It is extremely important that you or an authorized person checks your child IN or OUT of the facility.**
The check in process is:
1. Escort your child into the building.
2. Find your child's name card located in the "OUT" file box located on the desk.
3. Swipe child's card through "Time Clock", being sure to select "Yes" or "Enter" button (It should read "Successful Clock-In").
4. Place child's card alphabetically in the file box labeled "IN".process complete...
The check out process is:(Children may only leave with you or individuals you authorized on your registration paperwork.)
1. Find your child's card in the "IN" box.
2. Swipe card through "Time Clock", again being sure to select "Yes" or "Enter" button (It should read "Successful Clock-Out") process complete...
Child Rest Time:
After lunch and story time, our primary children will ALL have a "Rest Time" for approximately 30 minutes. (at about 1:00 p.m.) The children truly need this down time after their busy mornings. Those who fall asleep will be able to sleep until they naturally awaken. You are welcome to bring in a special blanket, pillow or soft animal for your child to relax with. (All blankets in the nap room need to go home every Thursday and Friday for cleaning-Thank you)
* Slippers! Slippers! SLIPPERS!!! Your child must be in slippers while in the Extended Day classrooms! Primary students may wear their classroom slippers. Elementary students need to have a second pair of slippers for the Extended Day classroom.
* For lunches, please include a freezer pack. We do not have refrigerator space for lunches. Please include personal plastic ware or silverware.