Students experience being members of the community at large as part of their Montessori Education.
We have used Martin Luther King, Jr. Day to do projects to serve others. Some of the projects have been:
1) Place mats for the Community Outreach Center soup kitchen.
2) Collect and sort toiletries for places like The Haven, men's and women's shelters, HELP, Inc., etc.
3) Read-a-thon pledges that support Heifer International's sustainability program.
4) Making fleece hats and scarves that went to schools and homeless shelters.
Throughout the school year, the students do other projects.
- Coat Drive: Collecting coats for disadvantaged children and adults.
- Food Drive: Supporting the Idaho Falls Community Food Bank.
- Holiday Families: Providing holiday gifts for needy families.
- Pennies for Peace: Collecting pennies for school buildings and supplies in Afghanistan & Northern Pakistan.
- Sponsoring an African school girl so that she can continue to get an education.
- Collecting children's clothing to send to a village in Mexico.
- Selling T-shirts to adopt 29 acres of the rain forest in Costa Rica.
- School supplies for the victims of Hurricane Katrina.
- Fund raising for a local animal shelter.